1. Do allow me to share my worries re the way we handled Bersih 4.
2. Syukur ianya berakhir dgn aman. Tahniah kpd kerajaan/pengawal keselamatan serta pihak penganjur dan ribuan peserta.
3. Banyak tafsiran boleh / telah diberikan, termasuklah 2 kali kehadiran Tun M.
4. Are Bersih demos a symptom or a disease?
5. I am inclined to believe it is the former. Indeed I am glad to be wrong on this point.
6. However, I trust, unfortunately the multifarious diseases are within UMNO / BN / Government.
7. One of the potentially fatal disease is the negative perception that our government is gravitating towards Marcos' style of government. (I'm equally worried that if post DS Najib is similar to post Mubarak's era of instability.)
8. Re the rally. Not that I love the opposition. In fact they have failed to perform as a responsible entity. Nevertheless, please don't blame them for wanting to topple the government constitutionally & have the right to legally rule the country. It's their judicious rights, the same rights as that UMNO is enjoying.
9. Since BN/UMNO is doing everything to be in power & to remain in power, they should also be given the same legal space & opportunity. Otherwise we can't proudly claim to be a true democrat.
10. Be mindful that those who joined Bersih 4 came with different reasons & objectives. And one MUST never forget that most of them are VOTERS. They might even include BN's past and potential voters.
11. Hence to collectively condemn them & to give them all sorts unbecoming names, in my considered opinion, is, to say the least, SUICIDAL!
12. Titiwangsa (866) & Setiawangsa (1,390) could be at stake. Please don't forget there're 25 BN parliamentary seats with < 2,000 majority throughout the country; 17 of them are UMNO's precarious seats. The opposition already won 89 seats in 2013. Be reminded that 112 is a simple majority.
13. What we should do was/is to win them over or, at least, neutralise them.
14. Only Tun M from UMNO dared to hijack Bersih 4 and inflicted the organizers with severe migraine. Should or should'nt UMNO be thankful to him?
15. The leaders' choice: to remain in power for the next 2yrs+ ONLY or continue to be in power even after GE14. Indeed the latter demands different strategies and plan of action.
16. Whatever, I'll still vote BN...blind loyalty.
The Hijacked Bersih 4 is penned by reader HIDUP TUAH, a diehard Umno grassroots leader and a loyal citizen of Malaysia.